Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

COUNTRY LIVING FAIR (WITH SARAH!!)

This weekend we got a visit from one of my very best friends - SARAH!! She now lives in Memphis with her husband who is in the Marines, but for the past 3 years she has lived in Hawaii (5 time zones away...) It was so good to see her!! I think it has been over 2 years since the last time we saw each other.

We had planned this weekend a few weeks ago - Sarah found out about the Country Living Fair that would be in Atlanta this weekend and we made plans for her to come to Birmingham for the weekend and she and I would drive to Atlanta on Saturday morning. We woke up and were on the road by 7:00 AM. The fair was held at Stone Mountain Park and the weather was absolutely beautiful - could not have been better. The park was prett crowded but it was manageable -there were oer 250 vendors there with various crafts, decorations, furniture, etc. Sarah was on the hunt for several things in order to decorate her and Logan's new house in Memphis -






I came away from the Fair with these Christmas ornaments that you see above - they are rather unique and made of wire and beads. Overall the weekend was a ton of fun and so great to be ablet to spend time with Sarah. Once we got back to Birmingham on Saturday, Josh went with us to dinner and some more shopping on Saturday night - I think this is the longest that Josh has gotten to hang out with Sarah as well - we had so much fun!

Sarah - Thank you so much for visiting this weekend :). It was so great to see you and catch up!! I am so glad you live so much closer now and I can't wait till the next weekend we make plans.

3 comments:

Cindy H said...

Looks like ya'll had a good time!

Christine said...

FUN!!!! Those ornaments are too cute~

Sarah Staggs said...

Yea!! I made it on your blog! :) I had such a good time with you that weekend! And your house was so beautiful, not to mention the awesome guest bedroom and the folded toilet paper. My weekend was complete! I am already wanting to plan something else. The boys need to get together and go play some golf while we shop. I think it's safe to say that I have a slight addiction to Z Gallerie now. I'm so happy that we live closer together now and to just think, next year you will be even closer! yipee! Can't wait to see you again!