Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

FALL IS HERE

Fall is finally here!  We had some cooler weather last weekend and now we are back in the mid-80's.  I am hopeful that the cool breeze will return soon.  I love Fall.... the weather... the football... the holidays... our anniversary... our birthdays (soon to include baby Hewiett!)... the Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Hand Soap... and of course, the decorations!  I spent last weekend putting out the few decorations we had and making a few new ones.  

First up: the mantel in the den.  Honestly, this is one area that I really haven't done anything with since we moved in.  Josh kept asking me what we should do with it... so we decided - FALL it is.  This setup will get us at least through the end of November and then Christmas decorations can follow...  I found a wreath that I really liked at Target for $30.  It was decided that since our mantel is quite large, we could probably use more than one and so - we were off to Hobby Lobby the next day and then I re-created these three beauties for about $30 for all 3 - not too bad!  We added a few pumpkins & guords, some candle sticks (Target) and Randy the Reindeer (found at our brand new Huntsville Homegoods).  

Fall-themed Mantel
Hobby Lobby Wreaths to mimic Target
The other fall decorations at this point simply include the table setting in our kitchen.  I got this table runner and napkin rings at Pier 1 a couple of years ago and still love them.  They make me happy!

Table Setting in Kitchen
That's all for now... possibly more to come after Baby Hewiett arrives... we will see how motivated we are :).  Hope everyone is enjoying fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Randy the reindeer!! :) And the wreaths turned out awesome!