Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Nolan's 2 Month Update

Nolan is 2 months old!  (Or was on December 1...)  I figure that posting a little late is better than never :).  I have gotten quite lax with my blog as of late... guess that's what maternity leave will do to you.  I would really like to get back into updating it as I have always loved looking back on it in later to years to see what we were up to... and now I think I will want to do that even more!  Here is an update on Nolan.

NOLAN'S 2 MONTH UPDATE:
Weight: 12 lbs. 6 oz  (75th percentile)

Height: 24.8" long  (95th percentile)

Clothes Size: 3 month or 3-6 month depending on brand

Diaper Size: 1 (We prefer the pampers swaddlers - I am thinking that we may need to switch to size 2 with our next big box...)

Sleeping Patterns: 5 hour stretches at night... give or take.

Milestones: Smiling a lot (no laughing yet... despite Josh and I's constant efforts), pushing head up while on tummy, starting to grab some things... mainly mommy's hair :)

Favorite Memory this Month:  Introducing him to so many of our family when we went home for Thanksgiving to Florida.  He is so well loved by everyone.

During this month, I feel like Nolan has grown and changed so much... which kinda makes me feel guilty for not updating the blog more.  I feel like each day he grows and changes a little bit more.  Right now we are getting ready for Christmas... the tree and decorations went up the week before Thanksgiving.  Nolan loves to sit it his swing and look at the lights on the tree.  All I keep thinking about is how different our Christmas next year will be :).

This week Josh and I went to visit the daycare that Nolan will be going to in January.  Although I know leaving him there is going to be one of the hardest things I have to do... I feel better about it after seeing it.  I know that he will be well-taken care of and he will be right near the hospital (Josh's work).  I am trying to get everything ready for daycare... make sure we have the correct supplies and that I have enough bottles pumped.  He will start 2 days after we return from Christmas travels which is coming quickly!

My maternity leave (although I still have 3 weeks left) has gone by so fast!  It definitely makes me sad that it is almost over - I would not trade spending these precious first few weeks with Nolan for anything.  It also gets me excited about how much he is going to grow and how we will be able to interact with him in the coming months.  We love our sweet boy.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Becca, He is sooo cute! I can't wait to cuddle with him soon!! It will be hard getting back in the swing of things with work, but you will do great. It will be nice that you are working out of the house because that will eliminate a lot of stress in the mornings. I think you will find that you will actually get more done because you know you have less time to do it (More blogging!!). I definitely love that I kept up the blogging throughout the first year because they grow, change, and learn so much. It is so fun to look back on the memories!

See you soon!