Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

IN BERMUDA at 24 WEEKS :: 6 MONTHS!!

I can't believe that I am already 6 months along!!  Last Friday was 24 weeks for Baby Boy Hewiett and we were on vacation on a cruise to Bermuda.  It was so beautiful and such a great way to relax and regroup after our move and before this busy summer of travel and busy Fall (of course) with the arrival of our baby boy.  I am hoping to do an update post on our trip to New York/Cruise to Bermuda... in the mean time, here is my 24 week update:


How Far Along: 24 Weeks (Last Friday)

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a eggplant (9 inches long, 1.7 lbs)

The Bad: An occasional leg cramp that wakes me up screaming (poor Josh) in the middle of the night... I am trying harder to make sure I drink 8-10 glasses of water and a banana every other day and it seems to be helping

Maternity Clothes: I am in maternity pants and tops all the time now... don't really have anything non-maternity that fits anymore. I am also loving the maternity dresses - very comfortable!

Gender: BOY - we can't wait to meet him :)

Sleep: Still getting up at least once to use the bathroom each night... still trying to sleep on my side but sometimes I wake up on my back and it is painful... then gets more difficult to turn over.  

Movement: All the time - it is amazing to me how I started feeling a little flutter and within a matter of a month and a half, I can feel him doing flips and kicks ALL THE TIME!!  I still get so excited each time I feel him... so special.  Josh has learned that sometimes he can push on my stomach and baby boy will push back.  

What I miss: Snorkeling... wish I could have gone when we were in Bermuda.  Josh went and said it was beautiful... it is all worth it in the end, though!!

Cravings: Still no real cravings - I am so thankful that I don't feel any food aversions... early on I could not eat (or smell) Mexican or pork without feeling extremely sick.  Josh is also very thankful this has past!

Symptoms: More frequent trips to the bathroom (that was a lot of fun when we were touring NYC!!), ever growing belly :)

Best Moment this week: Spending the week with family and showing them the sonogram DVD.  We also got to show Josh's parents when they visited a few weeks back.  So special.  Also - we have selected a name!!  We are telling our close friends and family but we plan to wait to "announce" it on Facebook until he arrives.

So... I am actually 25 weeks along tomorrow... time is certainly flying!!  We are so thrilled that we will be meeting our sweet little one in about 3.5 more months.

Here are some upcoming baby updates/potential future blog posts:
- First Baby Shower is this Saturday - thrown by our sweet friends in Birmingham :)
- Another Sonogram in a week and a half - just to check progress and get cleared for my summer of travel for work
- Nursery work in progress - we are slowly collecting items and need to start putting everything together.  Some things we have planned: painting the crib we purchased from craigslist GREEN, installing an industrial light fixture and hanging some industrial wire shelving to display books, toys, etc.  (PICTURES OF ALL TO FOLLOW!!)

No comments: