Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GRANDMA'S 80TH BIRTHDAY

This past weekend we took a trip to Dallas to see my Dad's family and to SURPRISE my Grandma for her 80th Birthday. My Aunt Sissy and her family threw a very nice party at their house for Grandma and invited all of the Russell clan and some close family friends. The party was a lot of fun and I think my Grandma was truly surprised!!

The weekend actually started last Thursday... Josh had to go to a retreat with school (That's right, a retreat, you should ask him about it...hehe) and so my mom drove in to Birmingham on Thursday so that she could stay with me and
I could show her around. We went all around town on Friday... mostly to the malls as that is pretty much all I know how to get to at this point. We also went to see the movie Julie & Julia - it was so cute!! I highly recommend it.

On Friday night Josh got home and we went out to a great Pizza place called Salvatore's... also very yummy. We left at 4:30am on Saturday morning for the 11 hour drive to Dallas and arrived a couple of hours before the party started. The party was so much fun - it was so great to see everyone!! W
e left after the "Power Breakfast" on Sunday morning and got back late to Birmingham on Sunday night. Although I think we did spend more time in the car this weekend than actually in Dallas, it was still a lot of fun. We tried to make the trip back to Bham on Sunday a little more interesting... Mom took us on a tour of Forest, Mississippi - where she was born and we also got off I-20 in Tuscaloosa to see how the other half lives - it was nice, but I still believe that Gainesville is the promised land.

Me and Grandma - I still can't believe she is 80!!

Grandma's Birthday Cake, made by Aunt Sissy - She is so talented!

Josh with some of our favorite San Antonio cousins - Russell & Ryan

Side note - there is definitely a lot going on today!! Today is Josh's first day of school (please pray for him that everything goes well), my cousin Miranda is getting married Jacksonville (we love you and we are so sorry we cannot be there!) and it's my Grandma Wheeler's birthday (Happy Birthday!!) Yesterday was also my Grandpa Russell's Birthday - Happy Birthday!!

No comments: