Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

VEGAS FOR WORK

That's right, a couple of weeks ago I went to the FABULOUS LAS VEGAS, NEVADA for work. A furniture manufacturer called Foliot Furniture invited several industry designers and specifiers to come and check out their new showroom and manufacturing plant in Las Vegas. They paid for my plane ticket, transportation and 2 nights stay at the Mirage hotel and resort. Very cool.



I went with one of the VP's of my company and had a really great time. We left for Vegas on a Thursday and arrived in time for dinner. On Friday we had the day to site see on the strip. Our first stop was a wax museum at the Venetian. It was tons of fun!! (And we got lots of good pictures - way too many to post!) Here I am with Elvis himself.


Here is Tara giving Tiger some pointers on his next shot.


Here I am breaking it down on the dance floor with Michael.


I took this picture for Josh - it was a massive fish tank behind the reception desk at the Mirage - very cool!



My room at the Mirage for 2 nights - very Vegas, I must say.


At the Venetian - across the street from the Mirage. I think the Venetian might be my favorite.



The dancing fountains at the Bellagio - always fun to stop and see. Now all I can think of though is Oceans 11.


Dinner at a Chinese Restaurant inside the Mirage - very cool atmosphere.


After the furniture event on Friday night, Tara and I had tickets to go to The Beatles LOVE show by Cirque du Soleil. This was definitely my favorite part of the whole trip. I love the Beatles and Cirque du Soleil so both together was mind-blowing! The show was unlike any I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing theatre and special effects, music, performance and costumes.

Overall the trip was a lot of fun. I will say that Vegas is as crazy as people say it is and you have to be very selective about the areas you go to and the places that you stay. I had been once before with my family and we stayed at the Bellagio. This trip at the Mirage was definitely not family friendly and if I go back someday with Josh, I don't think we will stay there. I think I want to check out staying at the Venetian!

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fun work trip! I LOVE the hotel room!!